October 19, 2018

Global Illumination in Godot Engine @ Gamelab BCN 2018

My talk at this year's Gamelab is finally online!


Slides available on GitHub!

As I say in the video description I feel very thankful to these people:
  • Juan Linietsky (reduz, Godot's main developer), for putting trust in me to do this and for giving me some reference material and support.
  • Unai Landa (Digital Legends' CTO and technical track organizer), for the same trust-in-me reason.
  • Attendees, for their attention and interest on the subject.
  • Watchers of the video, for the same reason.



Here, a picture of me in the speech room with my audience in the background:


Crafting this video was headache because I only had the audio recording. What I did was:
  1. Exporting the presentation from PowerPoint as a videoclip (including transitions, etc).
  2. Loading it and the audio into Adobe Premiere.
  3. Making hundreds of cuts, frame loopings, etc. to synchronize what's being said to what's being seen.
It took me a number of hours, but having been able to reconstruct it was worth it. (Next time I'm considering using certain PowerPoint's feature about recording intervals during the actual speech.)

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to release slides as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Just uploaded: https://github.com/RandomShaper/godot-global-illumination-gamelab-2018
      Thanks.

      Delete